We’re avid fans of finding great deals and wanted to share our top tips with you below! Keep in mind that sometimes the best deals require patience, so buy what you need to now and keep an eye on the others for later. It’s about balancing what you want to pay while buying it (if you truly want it) before it’s sold out.
Please note that we are not sponsored by any of the resources mentioned below. Our site does use ads and referral links for revenue.
Before you buy:
1) Set-up deal alerts through sites like SlickDeals to keep an eye on your favorite brands.
3) See if they have a credit card that offers good incentives. We don’t sign up for every card out there and we don’t advise people to do so either. But if there’s a place you shop at frequently (such as Target, Williams Sonoma, Old Navy, Banana Republic, etc.) their branded card might be worth the discount, cash / points back, or promotional offers.
4) Check the company’s website or fliers for current in-store and online promotions.
5) See if a company has an app that offers even more promotions.
6)Use a price protection / rebate app like Paribus. It scans your email for recent receipts and if an item is cheaper, it will file a claim for you automatically to get you money back.
While checking out:
1) Check for free promo swag. They may have offer a reward if you buy a certain amount. If there’s a promo code, remember to enter it at checkout. If it’s not something you necessarily need, you can always resell it later.
2) Redeem a reward card, reward cash, or promo points if you have it.
3) Buy a discounted gift card from Raise and apply it to your balance. They normally offer anywhere between 1-10+% off on both eVouchers and physical gift cards, and sometimes have additional savings ($10 off when you sign up, extra 5% off gift cards, etc.) Plus, you can earn Raise cash every time you buy a gift card for you or someone else.
4) If you’d like to sign up for their credit card, see what promotional offers they currently have. We don’t sign up for every card out there and we don’t advise people to do so either. But if there’s a place you shop at frequently (such as Target, Williams Sonoma, Old Navy, Banana Republic, etc.) and you’d like to, they may have an xx% or $xx off.
5) Look for free shipping. Not all brands offer free shipping, so see if you can find a promo code for it. Sometimes ordering it through the physical store will remove the shipping cost or you may need to add something small in to hit the online store’s minimum amount.
7) Apply Ebates if they have a cash back on that site (online only). Do this before you enter your credit card, promo codes, or gift card info as it might clear it out. If you have a promo code from Honey, you’ll have to re-enter it. You can get the bookmark button or Chrome extension as well after you sign-up.